The lift industry sits at the heart of the UK’s biggest logistical challenge: How can we move goods and people safely, reliably and efficiently? Whether it’s a hospital, an hotel or a family home, the lift infrastructure guarantees passenger access and the rapid movement of goods between floors.
The service lift is an ideal solution for:
- Industries that need to transport large and/or heavy goods
- Hospitals that require safe transportation of equipment
- Family homes that are being adapted for older relatives
- Galleries, theatres and museums needing to move large, fragile items
- Restaurants wanting to get food to the diner fast
Service Lifts Improve Health and Safety
It’s no longer acceptable to expect employees to carry heavy, or unwieldy goods between floors. In a busy workplace the stairs represent a potential hazard. If they are the main thoroughfare there’s always the risk of collision, spillage and slips. Installing a service lift minimises the risk, and cuts down on the range of items that have to be carried by employees.
Solving Workplace Problems With Service Lifts
Tower Lifts have installed a number of service lifts that solve logistical problems and improve efficiency. JD Sports is one of the busiest sports retailers in the UK; they wanted to find a way to transport goods from the storeroom to the shop floor. Our lift engineers created a bespoke dumb waiter lift and the efficiency of the store was improved instantly. Assistants helping customers no longer had to leave the shop floor to fetch goods, and the risk of accidents was minimised.
Do you require a service lift? Call the Tower Lifts lift team today on 01525 601099 for more information.
Types of Service Lifts
There’s a range of service lifts available, dependent on the kinds of goods you need to move:
- Dumbwaiter Lifts: This is the smallest and most adaptable of the service lifts we install. It was originally invented to move food from basement kitchen up to the dining room. The lift is still popular with restaurateurs, but it has many more uses now. We’ve fitted domestic dumbwaiters to transport shopping bags and laundry, and they’re used in retail to move goods from the storeroom to the shop floor.
- Goods Lifts: Our goods only lift comprises a modular structure with a self-supporting design. This means that there’s no need for a pit and shaft, making installation fast and adaptable. The lift can be used for retail stock, laundry, or furniture and it can be installed where it’s needed most.
- Heavy Goods Lifts: Our bespoke heavy duty lifts can bear loads of up to 5,000kg and operate a hydraulic, or traction mechanism. We have installed heavy duty lifts for moving cars, machinery, or artworks. Our designers will assess the requirement a create a durable and reliable service lift that will meet the needs of the business.
Tower Lifts Provide High Quality Service Lift Installations
We’re a leading UK lift design and installation company. For nearly two decades now we’ve been improving the efficiency of businesses by redesigning the way their goods move from one location to another.
If you need to improve the way your business moves goods, call Tower Lifts today on 01525 601099. We design service lifts to serve your business needs.
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lifts