Platform Lifts for Homes
Throughout the 21st century, the platform home lift has been gaining in popularity.
There are two major reasons for this new trend in vertical transportation:
1. Families are future-proofing their houses. We’re all living longer, which is great, but it takes planning. Many couples want to be sure they can continue to enjoy the home where they raised their children as they get older. The installation of a compact lift for homes guarantees them access to all floors.
2. The Development of Flexible Platform Lifts. These were originally designed as an access solution for wheelchairs. Over the last 20 years platform lifts for homes have evolved to become an ideal fit for all kinds of houses. They are large enough to carry one wheelchair, or up to 5 standing occupants. Platform lifts are best when accessing 2-4 floors, and run at a slower speed than traditional passenger lifts.
Do you require a Platform Lifts for Homes? Call the Tower Lifts lift team today on 01525 601099 for more information.
Why Choose a Platform Lift?
The domestic passenger lift is normally constrained by the size of the property, and the existing architecture. Where lifts are designed into the plans for property it’s perfectly possible to include a lift shaft. For the majority of extant domestic properties in the UK, however, a lift shaft just isn’t practical.
Platform lifts, unlike passenger lifts, do not require a lift shaft. Platform lifts for homes can be designed for use in a range of ways:
• Straight Inclined or Curved Inclined. A platform lift can help with stairs access, no matter the contours of your staircase. The Tower Lifts design team has even create an elegant platform lift for a spiral staircase.
• Step Lifts. If your property has split level flooring, or a short flight of steps inside or out, the step lift is the perfect solution. Also known as a low rise lift, it can transport people, or a wheelchair, seamlessly between levels.
• Vertical Platform Lift. This is reminiscent of a traditional domestic passenger lift, but it’s much smaller. It travels at a speed of 0.15MPS, and is ideal for houses with 1-4 floors. The cabin can be customised for wheelchair, or standing use.
Bespoke Domestic Passenger Lift Design
Residential passenger lifts are beautifully flexible, and our design team can adapt them to the existing architecture of your home. Whatever kind of platform lift you require, the finish can be styled to match the décor of its environment, inside or out. We can align our platform lift designs to pretty much any interior design, and we’ve been known to use grass and cobbles to camouflage exterior step lifts.
Tower Lifts are a Leading Platform Lift Company
For nearly two decades now, Tower Lifts has been using platform lift technology to enhance access in the domestic environment. Our skilled and experienced design and installation team will create a bespoke platform lift for your home. Health and safety is always our first consideration, but style, innovation and elegance of access come a close second.
Tower Lifts designs bespoke platform lifts for homes. Using innovative platform lift technology we create elegant installations for the home. Call us on 01525 601099
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lifts