Platform Lift Installation London
6 Steps to Installing a Platform Lift
Tower Lifts designers and installers have been installing platform lifts for businesses, public buildings, and private properties in London since 2006. With nearly 2 decades of experience to bring to the task, we can be relied upon to deliver a reliable and efficient installation process. In this article we look at the 6 steps involved in our platform lift installation London service.
What is a Platform Lift?
Platform lifts are designed with wheelchair users in mind. They travel over shorter distances than ordinary passenger lifts and maintain a constant speed of 0.15MPS. The innovative platform lift is built without a lift shaft, making it flexible enough to fit into most environments. Its modular structure can be installed quickly and efficiently externally or internally.
What Kind of Platform Lift Installation London?
There are a number of different types of platform lift which can be used for different tasks. These are designed to be bespoke to the operating environment, and are custom built to seamlessly integrate with the aesthetics and style of their surroundings.
- Platform Stair Lift. The standard stair lift model is difficult for wheelchair users to access, as it requires them to leave their chair. The platform stair lift allows wheelchair users to roll onto the platform, and travel smoothly and securely along a straight or curved staircase. When not in use, the platform folds back to allow foot traffic.
- Step Lift. Designed for use indoors or outdoors, the elegant step lift transports users up short flights of steps, or over split level flooring. This model is ideal for steps leading to a front door, or foyer. Alternatively, the step lift is now being used to provide access to gardens and raised patios.
- Vertical Platform Lift. This looks similar to a traditional passenger lift but is designed to carry a wheelchair user. The controls are customised to be easy to access, and the design is normally glass panelling for the passenger cabin. A vertical platform lift can travel through 4 floors, and installation is either external or internal.
6 Steps to Platform Lift Installation London
- Site Visit and Tower Lifts Consultation
- Detailed Quotation for Installation
- Confirm and Accept Lift Specifications
- Schedule Installation
- Platform Lift Installation
- Schedule Maintenance Checks
1. Site Visit and Tower Lifts Consultation
We offer all clients a site visit, in order that our engineers can understand the environment, and provide guidance on the best platform lift installation for your needs. This will take into account the size of the space available for installation, any customisation needed, and the number of lifts required to provide access for wheelchair users – this is particularly important in a home environment.
2. Detailed Quotation for Installation
Once we understand what you need your platform lift to do, and where it is to be installed, we’ll provide a detailed quotation for all the work. We’ll also include information about the timescale involved from quote acceptance to the completion of your platform lift installation.
3. Confirm and Accept Lift Specification
Tower Lifts designers go to work on developing a detailed platform lift specification, including drawings, dimensions, and loadings. These are sent to you prior to being forwarded on to our manufacturing provider. We ask clients to check the specification carefully and let us know if there’s anything they would like amended.
4. Schedule Installation
Your project manager will keep you informed of every stage of the process, and schedule installation. This will include a pre-installation visit as well as the installation of your platform lift. Any work that needs to take place prior to installation will be carried out efficiently, and within a clear timeframe agreed with our client.
5. Platform Lift Installation
Platform lift installation can normally be completed within 3-5 days, dependent on the complexity of the process. There is normally no need to erect scaffolding, as the modular structure is designed to be installed from bottom to top. Once installation is complete, we’ll go through a handover process, and provide documentation including LOLER certification.
6. Schedule Maintenance Checks
Platform lifts are durable and reliable; they’re built to withstand all kinds of weather, and constant use. We always recommend scheduled maintenance, though, to ensure that the high performance of the lift is maintained. Commercial clients require regular maintenance checks in order to remain LOLER compliant. Our lift servicing and repairs contracts are tailored to each individual client and include 24/7 emergency lift repair.
Platform Lift Installation London From Tower Lifts
For over 16 years, the Tower Lifts team has been designing and installing platform lifts for commercial and residential environments. Our team is made up of skilled engineers with years of experience to bring to their work. Tower Lifts is an ISO9001:2015 Lift Cert and UKAS approved company adhering to all current Lift Regulations.