Modern Glass Elevator
Modern Glass Elevator
The Rise of the Modern Glass Elevator
The history of glass elevators demonstrates the mix of entertainment, publicity, and glamour they’ve traditionally provided. Back in the 1950s the El Cortez Hotel in San Diego made a splash by having the world’s first exterior glass lift installed. It was so famous that there’s still newsreel footage of the journey, and the rather oddly attired lift attendant.
The modern glass elevator, whether installed internally or externally, remains a captivating and sought-after feature for the 21st century. While its popularity has grown, its allure has not waned. Initially conceived as an attraction for tourists and hotel guests, these stunning glass elevators have rapidly become a prominent fixture in office buildings, shopping malls, and residential buildings.
Tower Lifts designs and installs elegant, bespoke glass elevators that seamlessly complement the unique character of each building they serve. Our experience team can help you elevate your space with cutting-edge, contemporary designs, enhancing both functionality and aesthetics.
4 Benefits of Installing a Modern Glass Elevator
For lift designers, glass is a beautiful material to work with, but there are also plenty of other benefits associated with its use in vertical transport:
1. Glass is Sleek, Elegant and Contemporary
There are plenty of materials that fall from grace with the passing of years, but glass isn’t one of them. Most contemporary buildings utilise glass, so a modern glass elevator fits the aesthetic perfectly. And even if you’re retrofitting a glass lift in an older property, it tends to look just as good alongside brick or concrete.
2. Glass Platform Lifts Lower Anxiety
Glass serves a practical purpose for people who are installing a vertical platform lift in their home. There has been an issue with users feeling nervous or claustrophobic in the enclosed space of the lift. Glass residential elevators help to reduce this anxiety and allows the passengers to maintain visual contact with a family member as the lift begins to move.
3. Lift the Mood of Visitors and Clients
A burst of natural light is good for us; it improves our mood and lifts our energy level. Businesses that have a glass lift are investing in a mood enhancer as well as a form of transport, therefore. Scenic lifts offer the specific delight of a dopamine-fuelled experience which enhances our experience of pleasure.
4. Reduce Energy Use
All our passenger lift installations are economic to run, but there’s an added saving with glass lifts. Their access to natural light means a significant reduction in the use of electric cabin lights. It may sound like a small saving, but building managers are amazed at how it can stack up. An added bonus, of course, is the fact that you’re also lowering your carbon footprint.
Tower Lifts Design Bespoke Modern Glass Elevators
The Tower Lifts team designs glass elevators that not only harmonise with the architectural environment but also contribute a unique energy and aesthetic to your building. Our glass lifts are capable of celebrating a stunning view or revealing the hidden beauty of your building in motion.
To ensure an enjoyable and memorable experience for passengers, our design team offers extensive customisation options for every component of the glass elevator. Here’s how we elevate your journey:
- Cabin Design. We prioritise passenger safety and comfort by utilising high-quality glass materials. The interior lighting, including atmospheric colour changes and LED ceiling lights, further enhances the experience. Our ergonomic cabin design principles lead the way, and we gladly integrate your brand colours into the control panel or lighting features.
- Lift Sizes. Whether you require a large passenger lift capable of accommodating 17 people or a more exclusive experience for smaller groups, Tower Lifts designs elevators tailored to your specific needs.
- Lift Positioning. Collaborating closely with architects, our designers determine the most scenic and panoramic locations for glass lifts. We offer external lift cabins when appropriate, and we can even create captivating circular glass lifts. Alternatively, we can focus on elevators with breathtaking views of rooftop gardens, pools, or bars.
- Safety and Accessibility. At Tower Lifts, passenger safety is our topmost priority. All our elevators adhere to European standards and comply with the Equality Act 2010, ensuring inclusive access for all in public buildings.
- Security. For those seeking heightened security measures, we offer various options such as lift alarms, sensors, biometric scanners, card readers, keypads, and CCTV systems.
Working With Tower Lifts
The Tower Lifts team has been designing and installing glass lifts for over 15 years now. Our bespoke designs can be found in the residential, commercial and hospitality sectors. We recently created a glass panoramic lift to complement visitors’ enjoyment of the popular Treetop Walk at Kew Gardens.
As an ISO9001:2015 Lift Cert and UKAS approved company, we strictly adhere to all current Lift Regulations, ensuring the highest standards of safety and quality. Tower Lifts creates memorable passenger experiences made from glass.
If you are thinking of installing a modern glass elevator call the Tower Lifts team today on 01525 601099
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lift