Lift Maintenance Kent
A Leading Provider of Lift Maintenance in Kent
The county of Kent provides a range of important services for the UK. Whether it’s the port city of Dover, the business hub of Maidstone or the seaside resort of Margate, vertical transport powers the services that drive Kent’s economy. Keeping Kent lifts at peak performance for logistics, commerce, hospitality and home use is a task that keeps Tower Lifts engineers busy throughout the year.
Our lift maintenance services in Kent incorporate emergency repairs when things go wrong, and regular preventative lift servicing. Together they provide businesses and home lift owners with the comprehensive guarantee of uninterrupted lift service that they require.
Lift Regulations for Vertical Transport Owners and Managers
If you’re an owner or manager of a lift used by members of the public, you have a responsibility to keep it safely maintained. The regulatory body PUWAR (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) stipulates that maintenance work should be carried out by a professional lift engineer. LOLER (The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998) applies to lifting equipment, and requires the following:
- Facilitating maintenance of the safety of the lift
- Ensuring that lift maintenance is carried out every 6-12 months
- Acting quickly to repair any defects
Tailored Lift Maintenance in Kent
Lift maintenance is required to maintain optimum performance for passengers, ensure health and safety compliance, and carry out any immediate repairs where required. However, the level of service required for residential lifts will be very different to industrial goods lifts, or platform lifts in Kent shopping malls. For this reason Tower Lifts creates tailored lift maintenance contracts.
Our lift maintenance contracts include:
- Service Visits. The number of visits we make in the course of the year will depend upon the age of the lift, its function and the volume it carries. A service visit will include safety checks, routine adjustment of components for optimum performance and lubrication.
- Reports. Regular reporting is part of the LOLER and PUWAR regulations. Tower Lifts engineers provide a report of the lift’s status and statement of any running repairs carried out. We also include recommendations for refurbishment, modernisation or upgrades.
- Emergency Repairs. If your lift is giving you cause for concern, or ceases to function, a Tower Lifts engineer will attend your site 24/7. We will make immediate repairs wherever possible and can normally have your lift up and running again promptly.
Audit Your Lift Today
If you don’t already have a lift maintenance contract in place, or if you’re unhappy with your present supplier, Tower Lifts can carry out an audit for you. One of our engineers will assess the level of service to date, and the current condition of your lift. Dependent on our findings you may wish to change your provider, or look for a different level of service to manage your lift going forward.
Lift Services for Kent from Tower Lifts
Tower Lifts engineers have been working across Kent for nearly two decades now. We are one of the county’s leading installers of passenger lifts and platform lifts. As a Kent lift company we’re a reliable source for all the services you need to keep your lift operating at premium performance.
If you would like more information on lift regulations, or would like to talk to us about lift maintenance in Kent, contact us today for a swift response.
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lift