Lift Maintenance Contracts
If you own or manage a lift used by employees or members of the public, you’re legally required to have it regularly serviced. Newly installed lifts will have a warranty that covers servicing. Once it runs out, you’ll have the choice of either renewing, or finding another provider. Most companies offering lift maintenance now provide levels of maintenance cover. Tower Lifts treats each business as unique, creating bespoke lift maintenance contracts in response to their individual requirements.
Reasons for Investing in Lift Maintenance Contracts
There are 3 key reasons for investing in a maintenance contract tailored to your business requirements:
- Legal Requirements. Anyone managing a workplace lift is subject to LOLER and PUWER regulations. In order to comply there’s a legal requirement to contract regular servicing from professional lift engineers. You are also required to provide reporting on maintenance checks.
- Preventative Maintenance. Regular lift maintenance and servicing will minimise the risks of lift breakdown and costly repairs. It also provides peace of mind as far a passenger safety is concerned. For older lifts, a regular maintenance schedule allows for advance planning on component replacements, upgrades and refurbishments.
- Wheelchair Access. The Equality Act (2010) requires that buildings make reasonable adjustments to ensure mobility impaired visitors have inclusive access. A maintenance contract ensures that the access you provide conforms to the Equality Act requirements.
What Do Lift Maintenance Contracts Include?
In order to create a bespoke maintenance contract, Tower Lifts engineers need to understand what function your lift fulfils, where it’s located and its average volume of traffic, the age and model, and its service history. A rarely operated goods lift will obviously require a different service schedule to a busy passenger lift which is in constant use.
All our lift maintenance contracts include regular maintenance, carried out by an experienced engineer. Each visit will incorporate safety checks, lubrication, adjustment of components to achieve optimum performance. Our initial audit will determine the appropriate frequency for your business.
Tower Lifts maintenance may also include the following options:
- 24/7 Breakdown & Lift Repair. Whether it’s a faulty button or a complete breakdown, we’ll endure minimal interruption to your business by providing a solution with a prompt turnaround.
- Ongoing Repairs, Modernisation. Our engineers can take care of ongoing repairs picked up during maintenance checks. We can also recommend modernisation of components, guaranteeing optimum cost-effectiveness of lift running costs.
- Reports. These are generated by the service visits. They include a report of the lift’s status, notice of any running repairs, and recommendations for upgrades or refurbishment where appropriate.
- Inspection Training. LOLER requires that regular inspections of lifts are carried out by a ‘competent person’. We can train an employee in this competence, and provide the framework for inspections.
Risk Assessing Your Tailored Lift Contract
A Tower Lifts engineer will talk you through our recommendations for your tailored lift contract, and the range of available options. If your lift is fairly new, you may prefer to be charged for unscheduled call outs rather than include them. In some cases, businesses we work with prefer to hand over responsibility for budgetary management of materials and repairs within a pre-agreed limit.
An Experienced Lift Maintenance Company
Aside from agreeing the specific components to be included in your lift maintenance contract, our engineers will also agree procedures. Access, lines of reporting and how visits are booked in, are all pre-agreed so that maintenance checks quickly become ‘business as usual’ for clients
Tower Lifts has been providing UK-wide lift maintenance contracts since 2006. Our factory trained engineers have extensive experience with most models, and we are happy to carry out maintenance audits on legacy lifts. We are a ISO9001:2015 Lift Cert and UKAS approved company adhering to all current Lift Regulations.
Are you looking for a tailored lift maintenance contract? Call Tower Lifts today to find out how we can support you – 01525 601099
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lifts