Why Use a Lift Consultant?
Over the past two decades Tower Lifts has worked with numerous business building managers and lift owners. In our experience, they take their responsibilities for maintaining the safety of their passengers and the reliability of their vertical transport extremely seriously. But they recognise that don’t have the sector expertise to manage this effectively. Which is why they rely on lift consultants for their advice and guidance.
What Do Lift Consultants Do?
Lift consultants tend to offer their guidance on lifts that are already installed. They will normally focus on:
- Lift Maintenance. Monitoring and managing maintenance contracts on behalf of clients.
- Lift Upgrades/Refurbishment. Monitoring and streamlining the process of installation.
- Creation of Specifications. For modernisations, replacement, or like-for-like repairs.
- Technical Expertise. Project managing and overseeing lift projects.
What is the Business Case for Using Lift Consultants?
When Tower Lifts provides consultancy to businesses our aim to twofold. First, we ensure lift longevity, reliability, and safety. Second, we ensure that businesses are spending their money wisely and achieving an excellent return on their investment.
Here are 4 ways that lift consultants work to benefit business:
1. Keeping Your Lifts Compliant
UK lifts are subject to a number of regulation frameworks which require ongoing actions in order to remain compliant:
- PUWAR & LOLER. Any business that uses lifting equipment within the workplace, should manage and control the risks to avoid any injury or damage. LOLER and PUWAR provide a framework for maintenance and safety compliance of the equipment.
- Building Regulations. Approved Document Part M provides guidance on the provisions that are required in order that people with disabilities are able to access public buildings
- Equality Act 2010. The Act states that reasonable adjustments should be made to ensure that people with impaired mobility can access buildings and their facilities. This includes the installation of wheelchair lifts where appropriate.
Lift Consultants are familiar with the frameworks and can guarantee ongoing compliance with the various regulatory bodies.
2. Managing The Spend on Maintenance and Repairs
If you don’t know about lifts, you are reliant upon the expertise of others. This can put businesses at a disadvantage when it comes to scrutinising contracts for maintenance, installations, repairs, or upgrades. Working with a lift consultant provides building managers with the expertise they need to negotiate appropriate pricing for services, without compromising on safety or compliance.
This application of sector experience can save money for businesses and ensure that they have high-quality lift services in place.
3. Industry Knowledge and Trends
Lifts consultants know their industry which means that businesses working with them have an insight into design trends for vertical transport, sustainable innovation, and the best ways to prolong the life of your lifts. Lift owners and managers are, therefore, benefitting from best-practice within the industry, and guidance on the technology that will still be around in decades to come.
Being aware of cutting-edge sustainable technology gives businesses an advantage over competitors and saves on utility bills.
4. Outsource the Headaches
A lift refurbishment, or replacement, requires specification, tendering, design, and installation. Each step has to be carefully managed and monitored to ensure that the end result is cost-effective, and top-quality. Lifts consultants know this process well and can streamline it to ensure minimal business disruption and maximum business benefits.
While building managers retain oversight of lift projects, and make the key decisions, the technical details and management of lift projects can be delegated to a lift consultant who understands the process and the industry.
Working With Tower Lifts Consultants
For nearly two decades now, the Tower Lifts team has been designing and installing vertical transport for the commercial, industrial and residential sectors. We maintain lift installations across the UK, ensuring that they comply with current legislation and perform to the highest standards. Our 24/7 dedicated breakdown team offer prompt and rapid repairs for lift emergencies, and we’ve installed numerous evacuation and fire-fighting lifts.
The variety of work we’ve carried out, and the time we’ve spent in the industry, makes us experts in our field. Our lifts consultants work independently to the lift services we offer. Their role is to utilise their expertise to the benefit of businesses in London and across the UK.
Tower Lifts consultants have two decades of practical experience within the UK vertical transport sector. For consultancy you can trust, call us on 01525 601099
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lift