Lifts for Patients, Staff and Visitors in the Healthcare Setting
There are many locations that provide a challenge for lift installers, but the hospital setting can be uniquely demanding. The Technical Standards and Guidance for lifts in healthcare settings are complex, and busy hospitals need consistent vertical transport to ensure patient care. Installing hospital lifts requires an experienced team of skilled engineers.
Tower Lifts has been installing lifts for patients, bed lifts and goods lifts in hospital settings for the past two decades. We work in partnership with healthcare providers to deliver the very best outcome, which is fully compliant with NHS guidelines.
Hospital Lifts Make Healthcare More Efficient
Ask any consultant, or nursing sister and they will tell you that moving people from one place to another efficiently, is key to the effective running of a healthcare facility. Whether you’re a visitor, a patient, a surgeon, or a porter the priority is being able to negotiate multiple floors using reliable, high quality bespoke vertical transport.
A Range of Hospital Lifts For Use in Healthcare Settings
For hospital provision, we begin by auditing of the range of lifts required by all the different user groups requiring transport:
- Passenger Lifts – hospital passenger lifts need to be manufactured and installed in accordance with the most rigorous safety laws and standards. They are also subject to extremely heavy use which means they need to maximum durability. The heavy throughflow of visitors will necessitate multiple iterations throughout the building.
- Hospital Bed Lifts – for the secure transport of patients in their beds, accompanied by staff and equipment. These lifts need to accommodate beds, accompanying equipment and a hospital porter or nurse. Bed lifts require a capacity of 2500kg/33 person and be 1800mm wide by 2700mm deep. The width of the door opening should be 1400mm.
- Stretcher Lifts – used to carry a patient on a stretcher, accompanied by staff and equipment. These lifts may also be used to carry general passengers, but any handrails supporting their use should leave a clear space in the centre of the lift measuring 1,400mm by 2,400mm. The width of the door opening should be 1,400mm. Stretcher lifts need a capacity of 1,600kg/20 persons.
- Goods Only Lifts – hospitals manage a complex daily operation which requires the movement of people, goods and food across the hospital. The goods lifts will carry laundry, supplies, food to kitchens, and furniture. We assess the range of goods that require transport, and then design a lift that will reliably meet those needs.
- Evacuation Lift – UK hospitals are required to have emergency evacuation procedures in place, including the use of an emergency lift. Also known as a ‘firefighter lift’ an evacuation lift has specialist features including lift access to every floor, key control access, and power backup. They’re used specifically to evacuate people with limited mobility who would be unable to use the stairs.
Hospital Lift Installation for London North West NHS Trust
The Tower Lifts design and installation team recently worked with the London North West NHS Trust at Northwick Park Hospital. Passenger lifts were required to serve the passenger and staff population of around 850,000 at this busy hospital. We provided a bespoke design which would maintain the efficient flow of visitors, patients, and medical staff around the clock.
Maintenance and Servicing of Hospital Lifts
Nowhere is it so important to have reliable vertical transport than in hospitals. At Tower Lifts we can provide clients tailored maintenance contracts that ensure ongoing servicing and 24/7 emergency repairs for their lifts. Should there be a hospital lift breakdown, Tower Lifts engineers would consider it an emergency and be on the scene promptly.
Our factory trained engineers can service, maintain, repair, and refurbish any brand of lift.
Hospital Lifts Installation From Tower Lifts
Tower Lifts is a leading UK installer of passenger lifts, goods lifts, bed lifts and stretcher lifts. If you are looking for a partner to work with you on hospital lift specification, provision, modernisation, refurbishment, or servicing and repairs we are here to help. Tower Lifts is an ISO9001:2015 Lift Cert and UKAS approved company adhering to all current Lift Regulations.
Would you like to speak to a Tower Lifts specialist about installing hospital lifts? Call us today on 01525 601099
Tower Lifts hospital lift installers also provide a range of lift services including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lifts