Food Service Elevator
Installing a Food Service Elevator in Your Restaurant
If your restaurant spans a number of floors the food service elevator is your best friend. It gets food from the kitchen to your diners’ tables piping hot. It makes delivery day a breeze. And it allows your servers to stay put front end, rather than rushing backwards and forwards to the kitchen.
Also known as a dumbwaiter lift, or a kitchen lift, food service elevators have been around for over 100 years. Tower Lifts has been designing and installing these small goods lifts for just under two decades, and in that time we’ve seen them transform the customer service in busy cafes, pubs, hotels and restaurants.
2 Case Studies – Dumbwaiter Lift Installations
- The Zheng restaurant in Chelsea provides diners with a delicious menu of Chinese-Malaysian dishes. Their busy dining area is benefiting greatly from the installation of a food service lift which saves waiters rushing up and down stairs to fetch prepared food.
- 2 Dumb waiters for San Carlo-Cicchetti Italian Restaurant in Covent Garden. The bespoke design, matched to the restaurant branding and interior, were fitted into an existing elevator shaft.
Tower Lifts Food Service Lifts Features
Tower Lifts specialise in the creation of bespoke dumbwaiter lifts. These are unique designs that are are created to best serve both our clients’ requirements, and the unique operating environment the restaurant presents. The range of features and options we provide demonstrates the design potential available:
- Waist level serving height making retrieval of lift contents trouble-free
- Slide-up, or bi-parting doors
- Stainless steel cabins can be customised to your needs
- Soft start and stop mechanism with arrival buzzer
- Weight capacity of up to 100kg
- Range of motors with the capability of handling different voltages
- Variable frequency drives offering different speeds of travel
- Safety features include fire safety ratings, safety lights, door sensors and final top limit.
Tower Lifts Team Provides Support at Every Stage
We don’t expect restaurant owners to be experts when it comes to food service lifts, but we encourage them to have a say about the look and feel of the installation. Tower Lifts offers a fully comprehensive service, from site survey, through design and manufacturing, to installation and ongoing maintenance. It would normally take 1-2 days for installation, and we ensure that all restaurant staff have on-site training and are completely safe using their food service elevator before leaving.
What You Can Expect From Tower Lifts Professionals
The Tower Lifts team is made up of factory trained engineers with at least 15 years’ experience in design, maintenance and repair, and installation. We are a ISO9001:2015 Lift Cert and UKAS approved UK lift company adhering to all Lift Regulations. Our professional installers are guaranteed to offer a friendly service, and to carry out retail-related installations discretely and to the deadlines agreed.
Would you like to talk to a Tower Lifts engineer about a food service elevator? Call us today on 01525 601099
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lift