Food Dumbwaiter Lift
Wondering Whether to Install a Food Dumbwaiter Lift?
The food dumbwaiter lift is designed to transport meals from a kitchen situated on one floor to a dining area situated on another. Many restaurants favour the use of dumbwaiters as it allows for additional tables to be positioned in the dining area without requiring any extra staff.
Tower Lifts installs dumbwaiter lifts to aid the vertical transport of food in hotels, conference centres, cafes and restaurants. We also create bespoke food lifts for the residential environment, where clients are looking for a way to move food, shopping or heavy items between floors.
6 Benefits of Installing a Food Dumbwaiter Lift
The dumbwaiter was initially invented to solve the problem of gossiping servants – hence the name. Mechanising food service proved such an improvement on having food carried up narrow staircases that it is now used in a whole range of applications across retail and industry.
We’ve come up with 6 benefits enjoyed specifically by commercial kitchens with a dumbwaiter installed:
- Hard-Working and Durable. The dumbwaiter works tirelessly and efficiently to provide freshly prepared food to diners. The communication system is simple, and the mechanism is totally reliable.
- Enhanced Efficiency. In busy kitchens every second counts. The food dumbwaiter lift minimises the risk of delays and maximises the potential for happy diners.
- Dumbwaiters Don’t Get Sick. Your initial installation costs are buying you a loyal and hard-working member of the team. If well maintained, it will continue to work tirelessly for years.
- Improves Health & Safety. A food dumbwaiter lift negates the need for waiting staff running up and down stairs with glasses or hot food – so the risk of falls and accidents is minimised.
- Improves Customer Service. The dumbwaiter frees up waiting staff to focus on what they do best. Instead of rushing up and down to the kitchen, they can remain customer-facing.
- Low Maintenance Requirements. When a lift works as hard as a dumbwaiter, you would expect problems as time goes by. In fact, they’re incredibly hardy and, with scheduled maintenance, they will usually last for decades.
Food Dumbwaiter Operation and Key Features
The dumbwaiter requires a load-bearing lift shaft to operate. The height and size of the dumbwaiter cabin can be customised to suit the requirements of the environment. Our food lifts have a capacity of 50-100 kg, travel at a speed of 0.45MPS, and can be fitted with hinged doors or shutters. They are engineered to ensure low energy consumption, and to provide excellent service through years of use.
Key features include:
- Design and cabinet size can be customised to kitchen requirements.
- Removable shelves for ease of access when cleaning.
- Heated dumbwaiters to keep hot food at an ideal temperature.
- Stainless steel finish for easy cleaning.
- Audio and visual indicators.
- Control panels at each landing.
- Rise and fall shutters, or hinged doors.
Cleaning and Maintaining Dumbwaiter Lifts
The majority of dumbwaiters are made from stainless steel. This means that they’re durable, low maintenance, and hygienic as a means of transporting food. It’s inevitable that spills and food debris will accumulate in your dumbwaiter, so regular cleaning is critical. We would recommend regular steam cleaning for best results.
Food lifts are likely to be used day in, day out which means that they require regular maintenance to ensure high performance at all times. Tower Lifts provides tailored maintenance contracts which take into account the age and volume of usage your dumbwaiter undergoes. You’re also assured of emergency repairs should the lift breakdown.
Why Choose Tower Lifts?
We’re an established lift design and installation business, with more than 15 years’ experience of installing dumbwaiter lifts throughout the UK. The skilled and experienced Tower Lifts team guarantee technical excellence, compliance with safety requirements, and with LOLER regulations. We deliver good-looking lifts that benefit your business. Tower Lifts is an ISO9001:2015 Lift Cert and UKAS approved company adhering to all current Lift Regulations.
Tower Lifts installers understand the need to schedule pragmatically when working in a busy kitchen or hospitality setting and we work closely with clients to achieve this.
Would you like to talk to a member of the Tower Lifts team about installing a food dumbwaiter lift? Call us today on 01525 601099
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lift[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]