Elevator for Home
Elevator for Home
Need an Elevator for Your Home?
Are you considering ways to adapt your home to better suit your needs, either now or in the future? Perhaps you need help with access to every floor, or maybe you’re thinking about future-proofing the family home. Having an elevator for home use provides you with both independence, and peace-of-mind concerning the future.
Tower Lifts has been installing vertical transport in residential environments for nearly two decades. We care about high quality access in homes because we’ve seen first-hand how much it can change lives for the better. Our home lift installations are tailor-made for your home, with the goal of enhanced access and flexibility – so you can live the life you want. In this article, we outline 4 steps for successful home lift installation.
4 Steps to a Bespoke Elevator for Home Use
1. Which Home Lift is Best for You?
The Research Institute for Disabled Consumers suggests that you might want to take advice from an Occupational Therapist when considering the installation of an elevator for home use. A professional OT carries out an assessment of your home and offers expert guidance on which products will suit you best. It’s possible to book an OT appointment through the NHS, or by contacting DLF which offers advice on living independently.
2. Take Expert Advice on Vertical Transport Products
There are plenty of UK lift designers and installers who would be happy to talk through the range of products available. Tower Lifts designers pay a visit to your home in order to assess your living space with an eye to installation. Our engineers will talk about the relative merits of a range of different options until we find one that would suit your living requirements and your budget.
3. Think About Future-Proofing Your Home
Many of our clients ask whether a stair-lift is a viable alternative to a wheelchair home lift. In response we always recommend that clients think of their investment as solving tomorrow’s problems, rather than today’s. A stair lift may be adequate for now, but will it always offer you the access you need? At Tower Lifts we’ll offer you recommendations on solutions that will provide access solutions for the foreseeable future.
4. Maintenance, Repairs and Safety
When installing a home lift, you need to know that it adheres to the highest standards of passenger safety. Tower Lifts also recommends that clients have tailored maintenance contracts to ensure ongoing safety and high performance from your lift. This includes a 24/7 emergency repair service, so that you will never have to be without your home lift for any length of time.
Types of Elevator for Your Home
We are specialist providers of bespoke lifts for the home. This means that we’ll create the very best solution for individual clients, rather than offering a standard solution that doesn’t do exactly what is required. Our bespoke solutions include:
- Vertical Platform Lift. This innovative technology provides a flexible solution for homes without space for a lift shaft. It looks like a traditional lift, is designed to accommodate wheelchair users and can be customised to your taste.
- Small Lifts for Homes. We don’t only install lifts in large houses! We can now design lifts that adapt to your home environment without overwhelming your living space. These are simple to install so your household will experience minimal disruption.
- Step Lift. If you have a flat with split level flooring, or a front entrance comprising a short flight of stairs, the step lift is an ideal solution. The step lift is durable and will work equally well indoors, or out.
- Inclined Lift. The straight or curved inclined lift is designed to provide wheelchair users with access to all floors via the stairs. Best of all, there’s no need to leave your wheelchair; you simply roll onto the platform. When not in use, the platform folds back to allow for other users.
Creating an Elevator That’s Perfect for Your Home
Tower Lifts designers work with you to ensure that your lift blends seamlessly with your interior décor. Our aim is to create a practical resource which is also an elegant feature for your home. You can choose the colour of the finish and design the interior of your lift cabin to suit both your requirements and your taste.
Working With Tower Lifts
The Tower Lifts team takes great pride in being one of the UK’s leading elevator for home use providers. For nearly two decades, we’ve been installing residential lifts designed to enhance the home environment. We are a ISO9001:2015 Lift Cert and UKAS approved company adhering to all current Lift Regulations.
Would you like to know more about installing a Tower Lifts’ bespoke elevator for home use? Call our design team today on 01525 601099.
Tower Lifts carry out design and installation on a varied range of lifts throughout the UK including:
Domestic Lifts • Food Lifts • Bespoke Platform Lifts • Service Lifts • Platform Lifts • Goods Lifts • Scenic Lifts • Heavy Duty / Car Lifts • Passenger Lifts • Dumbwaiter Lifts • MRL Lifts • Fire lifts • Residential Lifts • low-Headroom Lift